Thursday, December 25, 2008

Winter Wonderland

For Christmas this year Tyson and I went to my parents house in Oregon. We were orginally going to leave Monday night and drive through the night to get there on Tuesday morning. When we heard there were going to be several bad snow storms we thought it might be wise to leave early. So we left Sunday morning early and made great time up until Boise. We saw about 9 cars flipped over on the side of the road, one of the accidents we even pulled over and helped the guy get out of his car before the paramedics got there. It was pretty scary! After Boise the snow and weather was so bad we had to go about 35-40 miles the rest of the way. We drove for about 13 hours and then had to stop at my aunt and uncles house in Bend, Oregon (about 3 hours away from my parents house) to spend the night and drove the rest of the way the next morning. Total it took us about 17 hours (with normal road it takes about 12). Oregon has had the worst snow storm its seen in about 40 years. Although its gorgeous through the mountains, its not really that fun to drive in. And I am such a nervous passenger in the snow. I told Tyson to slow down the whole time, I couldnt even watch, he would just tell me to sit in the back and lay down and dont watch. HA. All I can say is I am SOO glad Iam not driving back. My poor husband has to go back earlier for work so I will flying and he will be driving.

No comments:

Blog Counter