Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sister Sister (sing it)

Hello Everyone, This is my sister Chelsea! She is 5 years younger than me and she graduated high school this year and moved to Utah. I am so excited for her to be here. First thing we did when she got here is went shopping...soon after we started showing up places wearing the same thing! But seriously I really do love having her here. She is adjusting slowly to life in Utah, her roommates turned out to be more like my age so she just hangs out with me mostly, which is just fine by me. We are currently seeking friends and boyfriends for her right now. :)

Okay now for a little history lesson: When I was in high school I drove a green dodge stratus. When I was 17 I got in a car accident with my Friend and totaled the car. My grandpa decided he wanted a project and fixed up the car the best he could. He got parts from the junk yard so the hood ended up being black, the passenger door was white, the oil leaks like crazy, and it rode pretty rough. I then took this car to Utah when I first moved out here. We painte the white door green so it semi matched but not totally. When I finally bought my first car, the stratus was then passed on to Chelsea for her high school years. Everytime I went home to visit the car died a little more each time. It was SO loud and rough, but still worked, it would never die on you. Well Chelsea then drove the car out to Utah. Which honestly I didnt know if it would make it out here. But it was quite the champ. The car has been totaled, been driven from portland to Boise in the red, almost blew a gasket in the process, and leaks about a quart of oil a month. However we named the car..THE TANK, (aka army jo)for its indestructable body and undying bravery.
Not a great pic, but that was her date...dont think they have been on a second one yet :/

The Saddest part...Last weekend The tank was totaled.....again. Chelsea was driving her and her date out to a corn maze and someone pulled out in front of her and she T-boned them. (you should have seen the other car) Luckily it wasnt her fault and nobody was hurt, but we will miss The Tank and the many memories and places it has taken us. As it was pulled up on the tow truck the bumper fell off...hopefully for the last time. R.I.P in the junkyard forever


1 comment:

Erica said...

Hey cutest post! I remember your cute little car. One thing I remember is that the windshield wipers didn't work well or didn't work at all and so you poured this one liquid on your windshield so the rain would slide off of it. Don't ask me why I remember this but I do. You'd think after 2 kids I would have forgotten that by now. We really do need to get together! Can't believe I haven't seen ya in 4 years.

Blog Counter