Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dumpster Diving

So this weekend I had a wedding and I went down to the wholesaler where I always get my flowers. Apparently the truck did not bring one of my items (the most important one) and would not be coming in until the next morning, which did me no good. The bride wanted red roses with stephanotis. Stephanotis is really a one of a kind type of flower and you cant substitute it without most likely upsetting the bride.


Here is the stephanotis, you have probably seen it before, its a very popular special wedding flower.


So i had to do some searching and found a different wholesaler in Salt Lake. So Amber was nice enough to come with me and we found ourselves a sweet little treat in the process. (Just to clarify, i did NOT get the stephanotis out of the bride, i would never use garbage flowers for a client!) I dont know if it was just because it was right after valentines or we just happened to be in the right place at the right time. As we were leaving the parking lot of the new found wholesaler, the dumpster right outside was FULL of bundles of roses. HUNDREDS of roses and hydrangeas. We grapped about 8 bunches (which is about 16 dozen)! Jealous right? Well we did have to go through the garbage but who cares. I put together a sweet little arrangment for myself, and one for amber too. I was seriously so giddy. I might drive up there again to see if i get lucky again.




These arrangments have about 70 roses in them and would normally cost about $200!

1 comment:

Chris&Amber said...

Ya that was awesome that we found all those flowers, can't wait to do it again!! And thanks for the beautiful arrangements you made me, I love them!

Blog Counter