Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Sayin'

So the other night I caught the very end of the Miss America pagent. I just have to say how disgusted I was. I guess this year they had a new part of the pagent with racey photos. Basically with the girls posing in their bra and panties in a seductive manner. I never saw any of the pictures, but one of the interview questions was how the participants felt about this new part of the pagent because they had gotten alot of flack from the media. Of course the bimbo answered something to the fact that she loved them and thought it was so fun and a good way to show her sexuality and feel sexy. pffff

I just sat there and thought to myself, isnt the whole purpose of pagents to give girls a chance to learn self respect and confidence. To show the polished and educated side of women (okay well i may be exagerated, but im sure thats what they started out to be) I was so completley offended and disgusted that these girls dont realize they are subjecting women as objects of lust and sex symbols and NOT portraying women as respected individuals. What are they teaching other girls!

To add to the mess, the day after the winner was announced, of course inappropiate picures appeared on the internet of her being skanky. Do you see the Irony? They make it a part of the contest to take skanky pictures, and then repremend you when they appear on the internet for ones you took on your own? Idiots. What is the world coming too.

1 comment:

Britt, Dave, & Emma said...

I ABSOLUTLEY AGREE! I watched the pagent and saw the photos they looked like maxim cover shots I couldn't believe it! I don't know who thought those were acceptable. We really lived in a screwed up time!

Blog Counter