Monday, September 15, 2008

You could say I am pretty domestic

I cant tell you how many GREAT things I have found at Ikea in the "as is" section. They have a small section by the checkout where returns and "damaged" things are taken. These pictures are usually $80 bucks and I got it for $19. (pretty much every piece of furniture in my house i got at abou 75% off) They frame on the back was broken and so the canvas looked a little warped, nothing a little nail and hammer couldnt fix. Actually it was quite the project but so worth it. I had to go to home depot and find some cheap wood and built this new frame for the picture to stretch over. I had to measure, hold the wood and nail at the same time. It only took me 2 trips to Home Depot to get the measurements right, but hey look at the final product!! Just call me Martha Stewart! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that picture!! Good job handy woman!

Heather said...

Very cool.

Kelly and Tyler said...

I love it. I could spend my whole paycheck at craft stores and IKEAAAA. We have similar taste. :)

Kelly and Tyler said...

can i get daniels email addy or phone number i have a question for him

Blog Counter