Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby Update

I went to the Dr. yesterday and I will start going every week now. The last two times I had been measuring a few weeks small, he thinks its just because I am a small person and carry small, (althought I dont feel like it right now)  but wants to make sure everything is developing and she is still growing so next time he will do an ultrasound. I cant wait to see what she looks like, the last one I had was at 20 weeks.

He gave me a couple different scenarios of what could happen. If she is measuring small because she is not getting enough blood flow or the placenta is not providing enough nutrients then it does her no good to be inside me anymore and is safer to let her grow outside the uterus and he would induce me no later than 37 weeks. Which I am okay, that is considered full term and he said she will be find and healthy. And Heck, I would get to go 3 weeks early! However, if he does take me at 37 weeks and I am not dialated he will most likely just plan for a c-section because the induced labor would be too much stress on a smaller baby. I am NOT excited about this option, but it is what it is and if thats how she has to get here then so be it. My Dr. said not to plan on either scenario until the ultrasound next week because most likely she is just small because I am small and I could go the full 40 weeks. So I will keep you all posted what we find out next tuesday!

Here is a pic of me at 35.5 weeks

3 comments:

Christine said...

haha sorry, the deleted comment was me. i wish you could edit comments! anyway, i hope that everything is okay! keep us posted. ::)

Kelly and Tyler said...

I am excited to hear how your little girl is doing on tuesday! Keep us posted!

Diana said...

Wow, usually dr's tell you you're baby is too big. Your situation sounds better. I'm sure she'll be fine & just be the cutest little bundle you've ever seen. Good luck.

Blog Counter