Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hospital Pictures & Birth Story

The Birth Story

Sunday Morning I started having contractions between 2 and 3 AM. I started timing them and they were about 6 minutes apart. At about 6:30 AM I called my mom and told her I thought I was in labor and that she should get on a flight asap. Tyson and I went to the hospital at 9 AM and they hooked me up to measure my contractions for about an hour. In an hour I had only progressed 1/2 a cent. and my contactions had slowed down to about every 6-12 minutes. So they sent me home. I was not happy about that but they said dont be shy, come back whenever you want if you feel them getting worse. We went home and I walked around the neighborhood until I couldnt stand it any longer. We went back about 2 hours later, they hooked me up for about ten minutes and then told me to walk around for a little bit and they would check me again in about an hour. 40 minutes later I could hardly walk anymore and I had dilated to a 4! They admitted me, gave me my IV (which was probably one of the most painful parts of the whole labor) and then fnally the epidural. My epidural took awhile for it to kick in on both sides, so I took a second dose which then made me throw up. After the second dose, and hour later, I was completley numb and it felt amazing! I dilated from a 4 to a 7 in about 3 hours. At 7pm, the doctor came in and said I was ready to start pushing. I was nervous but it turned out to be so not what I thought it would be. I would push each contraction for 10 seconds, 3 reps each contraction. After about an hour and half she was here! It was the greatest feeling to have her here in front of me and to be out of my belly! It was the most amazing experience and we cant believe we are parents!












1 comment:

McCuistion Family said...

She is so beautiful congratulations! I bet you are having the time of your life! i love the baby stage!

Blog Counter